Hospital Embalmed Woman Alive in Error

Hospital Embalmed Woman Alive in Error


A 27-year-old woman died after she was embalmed alive as doctors mistakenly put her on a formalin drip, containing formaldehyde, instead of saline.

Ekaterine Fedyaeva was admitted for a routine surgery to a hospital in the city of Ulyanovsk in Russia, where the incident took place, International Business Times reports.

Fedyaeva’s mother said her daughter suffered horrible pains and convulsions for two days before going into coma. Later, she was flown to a top Moscow hospital where she died of multiple organ failure.

“Her legs were moving, she had convulsions, her whole body was shaking. I put socks on her, then a robe, then a blanket but she was shivering to such an extent, I can’t even describe it. No doctor came to see her although she was coming round from anesthetic,” Fedyaeva’s mother Galina Baryshnikova, told United Kingdom media.

© 2018 NewsmaxHealth. All rights reserved.